- unique suction solution by blowing off and suctioning off
- deposits on the components are reduced by up to 95%
- no manual cleaning effort necessary any more
- highly efficient and energy-saving thanks to recirculation air process
- specially developed for 5-axis machining
- application mainly in metal / fibre composite plastic machining and wood machining
The ARS extraction system was developed in cooperation with the Fraunhofer Institute IPA. In July 2019, we jointly won 3rd place in the coveted Baden-Württemberg Environmental Technology Award in Category III: technologies for emission reduction, processing and separation.
We are very pleased about this award and hope that the ARS extraction system will be widely used, especially in 5-axis machining - for the sake of the environment!
When processing components, e.g. made of wood or fibre-reinforced plastics, large quantities of fine dust and chips are produced. These represent a high health hazard for employees (respirable, carcinogenic) and can also cause the machines to fail.
Powerful extraction systems are used to dispose of production waste. These collect dust and chips, filter them out and collect them for disposal. However, these systems have a very low degree of collection for certain processing machines.
The extraction system must often be installed at too great a distance from the actual point of origin in order to avoid a collision with, for example, the milling unit.
This leads to considerable dust deposits on the components, which have to be cleaned manually with great effort after machining. The danger of fine dust being inhaled is very high.
In addition, with certain materials, the filtered, warm air cannot be returned to the workshop. This results in high heating costs.
Another disadvantage of these systems is the fine dust still contained in the filtered air. This is approx. 25 g per hour per processing machine, even with Hepa fine dust filters with a separation efficiency of 99.95 %.
The ARS extraction system offers a novel solution with a completely different approach. First, a large part of the extracted air is returned to the machine cell as process air after coarse filtering.
This air is blown in a targeted manner via the cutting point towards the suction opening via adjustable blow air nozzles. All chips and fine dusts are collected and extracted there. The blowing air flow has a 30 times higher range than suction flows! This is comparable to a burning candle. It is easy to blow it out at a certain distance, but it is almost impossible to suck it out.
The difference between air sucked out and blown back into the cell (approx. 20 %) is finely filtered and released into the environment. This creates a slight negative pressure in the machine cell, preventing the dust-laden air from escaping.
The air circulation is only stopped immediately before the end of machining. Now a fine filtering of the complete air of the cell takes place in order to make the ambient air in the machine cell dust-free when it is opened.
The total energy savings can be reduced by up to 40 % with the ARS extraction system! On the one hand, the necessary extraction performance is enormously reduced because the process air is blown in the direction of the extraction opening. In addition, the reduction of fine filtering also saves energy. On the other hand, the circulation system results in a much lower air exchange and thus a longer-term preservation of the warm exhaust air.
The ARS extraction system makes a considerable contribution to reducing dust emissions and energy consumption.
- significant reduction of fine dust by 95%
- increasing employee protection and reducing sickness levels
- increased productivity by eliminating the need for manual cleaning of components
- increased operational safety due to effective machine protection against fine dust
- increase in process reliability
- overall improvement of economic efficiency
- reduction of rejection rates for active environmental protection
- lower emission of fine dust into the environment due to a reduction in emissions of around 80%
- enormous cost advantage by reducing the energy requirement by around 40%
The following products might also interest you:
Call our product advisor on +49 33731 - 77 77 95 or use the form below. A Schuko employee will only visit you if you explicitly require it and have indicated this above.