Industrial Filtration Technology Validus
The powerful solution from the Teutoburg Forest
- individual, needs-based planning
- system design in the modular principle
- high operational reliability through tested quality components
- low operating costs thanks to pioneering technology
- fire and explosion tested for your safety
on this product?
Versatile and flexible for future-proof extraction operation
Today, the focus of industrial filtration systems is on quiet and energy-saving plant operation. The demand for sound insulation systems to reduce noise emissions and for heat conservation measures to optimize the energy balance is increasing.
An intelligent control technology, combined with high-quality hardware, also achieves a significant reduction in operating costs and offers the highest level of functional reliability.
Demand-oriented plant planning is a prerequisite for investing in optimal extraction performance with minimal operating costs. For example, the product-related selection of filter materials as well as their optimally measured filter surface load leads to longer service lives.
For your operational safety, we aim in the long term for the efficient collection and filtration of the extracted air volume, which has a positive effect on the health of your employees and the environment.
Below we have described in detail the structure of our Validus filter technology. Discover all special features summarized under the item "Other advantages" and download our product brochure as a PDF file under "Downloads".
Do not hesitate to contact us if you should have any questions.
The fan generates the planned air flow for the extraction and is the heart of the filtration system. They are used either on the clean air side or on the raw air side for pneumatic chip conveyance. By installing it on the clean air side in the fan room, we protect it against weather-related influences. This increases their operational safety and at the same time extends the service life. In addition, the fan room can be equipped with measures against noise emission and heat losses. The low energy requirement is thanks to modern high-efficiency motors. For maximum efficiency Schuko fans are manufactured individually for each system.
In the system design of a vacuum filtration system, the cleanroom serves as a connection between the filter and fan room. For a filtration system operated in excess pressure, it forms the upper end of the entire system. In both cases, the clean air space absorbs the purified air volume and forwards it in a targeted manner to the fans or the connected return air/exhaust air duct. Additional components of the filter cleaning find their place here. Large maintenance doors allow easy access during maintenance.
Filter bag space
In the filter tube space, the tubular filters are suspended vertically on a so-called honeycomb sheet. The dust-laden air stream rises from the expansion space in the filter tube chamber and is filtered out by means of the filter tubs. The dust particles stick to the filters and are separated again by the filter cleaning.
The air-chip-dust mixture enters the filtration system via the connected suction pipe. Due to its large volume, this room serves as the first coarse separator. The air flow is calmed down so that heavy particles sink directly downwards. Lighter dust particles rise with the air flow in the filter tube space.
The filter substructure
The filter substructure can be considered as the collecting device for the separated and filtered-out dust and chip particles. Thanks to several variations a variety of chip discharge variants can be realised. From the intermediate storage of the material in collecting containers for manual emptying to the fully automatic material discharge with stirrer, screw and rotary valve individual tasks in the standard are possible. With a high-quality chain or moving floor discharge even very large quantities of chips can be stored and handed over to downstream disposal systems.
Validus filtration systems grow with your requirements
Local conditions require flexibility and tailor-made solutions. The Schuko modular system is characterized by its enormous versatility: From single filters to series filters, all combination options are available as standard.
The amount of air and material to be extracted and their type determine the required size of the filtration system and its filter surface. Using Solo filter element or a combination of drive, intermediate, combi and end element, Validus filtration systems can be assembled systematically.
Air capacities from 8,000 m³/h to over 300,000 m³/h can be installed as standard.
Our fully automatic sheet metal processing guarantees a consistently high quality and perfect fit for all system parts. This results in significant reduction in vibration and unnecessary running noise .
Validus filtration systems have a modular structure and can therefore be adapted and expanded at any time to meet your needs - they grow with your tasks. Our production is also well prepared for special solutions and special applications.
Our Validus-Solo filter consists of single element. Solo elements can be equipped with a variety of chip removal and disposal options.
A drive element is always necessary if at least two filter elements are needed. The drive for the necessary chain discharge as well as the rotary feeder required for discharge are installed on element.
An intermediate element is selected if at least three filter elements are required. It is installed between the drive and end element. For larger filtration systems, several intermediate elements are used in a row, as well as in combination with the combination element.
Combined element The combination element has an additional blow-in section for connecting the suction pipes to the filter housing. It is used in row filters of uniform distribution of extracted air-chip-dust mixture in the filter housing and reduces the contamination of the filter tubes. A combination element can also be used as an end element (see photo).
The end element is also required if at least two filter elements are installed. In it, for example, the pulley for the chain discharge is mounted.
Chip discharge and disposal
The amount of extracted material and the further processing or transport determine the solution for chip discharge and disposal. Validus filtration systems offer a variety of options with considerable energy savings. Solo elements work with different substructure types.
With two or more elements, a chain discharge or a sliding floor is always used. Here, the material that settles to the bottom of the filtration system is conveyed and discharged up to an ATEX rotary valve.
Disposal in chip collection bags via bagging device with three chip collection barrels and inserted chip collection bags
Disposal in BigBag(s) via inclined tube or cross auger conveying
Disposal in a Sulo or standard container
- via rotary valve with inclined tube/or cross auger conveying
- with underframe via rotary valve and chute
Disposal in a large chip container via downstream transport fan, which blows the discharged material into the container. Here there is a slight excess pressure. This is relieved using a loop back to the transport fan.
Disposal with briquetting press via chip collector with stirrer and auger conveyor
Disposal in a chip silo via a downstream transport fan, which conveys the material to the silo. The silo feed must be depressurised in accordance with regulations. Therefore, another small filter becomes necessary, e.g. our Vacomat N-1000 or a cyclone filter TWISTER. This filter is placed on the silo and enters the material without pressure via an ATEX rotary valve in the silo.
- Various needs-based disposal solutions, such as in chip collection barrels, BigBags, Sulo/standard containers, chip injection containers, briquetting press or silo feeding.
- Four proven solutions for efficient and gentle filter tube cleaning.
- External filter tubes prevent material bridges and are easy to clean.
- Available with patented SchukoCone® filter tubes, which provide even more filter area with the same space requirement (especially recommended for the finest dusts).
- More information about our SchukoCone® filter tubes can be found here.
- The tested filter material guarantees a clean and safe return air operation.
- The very large filter area per element ensures a low filter surface load and long service life of the filter tubes.
- Of course we take into account all fire protection requirements.
- More detailed information can be found here.
- The tested pressure shock resistance of 20,000 PA promises maximum safety in the event of an explosion. We do much more: For special applications, a tested pressure shock resistance of 30,000 PA is possible!
- The also tested explosion doors with flame front deflectors allow for a safe and targeted pressure relief.
- Safety limit switches monitor the entire system and shut it down in an emergency.
- Highest material quality thanks to fully galvanized and hardened housing parts made of steel plate, which is weatherproof and thus very durable.
- Panels are available for sound and heat insulation, which can also be retrofitted.
- Energy-efficient plant operation depends on many factors.
- The state-of-the-art control technology enables networked and automated plant control.
- Our symmetrical filter construction with standardized dimensions ensures low transport costs.
- For quick installation, Validus filter units are available in preassembled condition, saving on-site assembly time.
- If your machinery changes, Validus filtration systems can be flexibly expanded thanks to the modular system.
- The easy accessibility of lubrication points and the large maintenance doors with viewing windows reduce maintenance times and maintenance costs.
Installation & scope of delivery
The scope of delivery of your filtration system depends on the individual system size and equipment. As part of the project, all details are clarified and summarized in a specification. The duration of the installation depends on the scope of the system. Individual filter elements can also be ordered pre-assembled, thus considerably reducing the time required for installation.
For the delivery of your new filtration system various on-site precautions must be taken, such as a stable foundation, wall and/or ceiling openings, compressed air connection or the like.
All details are discussed in detail in advance, so that the process runs smoothly.
The delivery is carried out either by ourselves or by long-term forwarding partners.
For the smooth construction, a competent and experienced Schuko installation team is at your disposal. In order to avoid loss of production while we reduce your existing extraction, we are happy to make available rental equipment that will temporarily supply your machinery if necessary. Even the weekend assembly is possible under certain circumstances.
The following products might also interest you:
Questions on a particular product?
Call our product advisor on +49 (0) 33731 - 77 77 -94 / -95 or use the form below. A Schuko employee will only visit you if you explicitly require it and have indicated this above.